If you’ve always meant to go see this Arizona landmark, what better way than this? Tours of the Caverns are impressive:
These caverns are “live” meaning water still percolates in so that formations continue to grow. 2 different tours are available, $23 each - make tour reservations online: We will be able to tour the great room this time.
In order to coordinate tour(s), here is a list of those who want you to know their tour time:
Joe&Hans, Stan, Pat & Jay, Paige & Gwen 2/13 BIG ROOM 10:15
Gwen 2/13 THRONE ROOM 2 pm
If you would like your tour time listed, click here: DA411
DA Potluck & BYOB Sat. night – bring a dish to share. Coffee by DA Sat. & Sun. mornings.
Also On site:
- The Hummingbird Garden Walk is located on the southwest side of the Discovery Center;
- The Guindani Trail (#398), located on the east flank of the Whetstone Mountains in the Coronado National Forest, is 4.2 miles; moderate difficulty, and the last leg is strenuous;
- Foothills Loop Trail (loop) is approximately 2.5 miles, rated moderate to difficult.
Other nearby points of interest:
- Colossal Cave Mountain Park (40 min)
- Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve (43 mi)
- San Pedro Riparian Nat Consv Area (44 min)
- Pima Air & Space Museum (Tucson, 44 mi)
- Titan Missile Museum (57 mi)
We have 10 campsites (ours are back-in, and one pull-throughs)
Our sites have:
- Tent camping OK
- electric hook up (110 volt AC with a 30 amp RV connection and a 20 amp receptacle)
- use of the shower/restrooms
Pets are allowed in all outside areas but they should be leashed.
Fees are $55 per site for two nights; Starts Friday 2/12/2016 ends Sunday 2/14 (This is the cost of the sites, no extra camping fees are being added on) As Martha would say” this is a good thing”
Cancellations: at least 24 hrs in advance, less $5 non-refundable reservation fee.
Check-in for campground check in is 2:00 pm. Gate office closes at 5:00 pm; Entrance closes at 10:00 pm.
Kartchner Caverns State Park is located about 50 miles southeast of Tucson. Take I-10 East to Exit #302. Turn right and go 9 miles south on State Hwy. 90. Entrance to the park is on the right.
Map of campground: https://azstateparks.itinio.com/kartchnercaverns/campground/